|DR DHARINI KRISHNAN, M.Sc, RD, President, Indian Dietetic Association
- Doctorate in Science (Food, Nutrition and Dietetics) (Ph. D.)
- Bachelorís and Masterís in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.).
- Bachelor in Education (B. Ed).
- Diploma in Software Systems Analysis and Design.
- Thesis - Effect of Diet counseling and Diet counseling and Exercise on subjects with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Chairperson of the Registered Dietitian Board (R.D.) of the Indian Dietetic Association
Former National President of The Indian Dietetic Association.
Consultant Dietitian in her own Clinic, and also consults at hospitals.
Secretary, Ecoscience Research Foundation and working towards the organic movement.
Frequently appears on T.V. and radio; giving call in programmes on queries related to diet.
Her articles appear in the print media both English and vernacular. In newspapers and magazines.
Presented the keynote address at the International Confederation of Dietetic Associations at Sydney in September 2012
Digest - A Personalised Diet Software, was developed indigenously, and is being used by Dietitians, both as Consultants and in hospitals.
Had Developed a Health Website - it was the first of its kind in India. It helped individuals and patients, maintain good health through analysis of exercise and diet regimens. It is currently non operable.
Developed an application for the Android mobile phone on diet and exercise - Nutritracs - Calories on the go
National President of the Indian Dietetic Association for 4 years
Research Assistant for 4 years at the U.S. wheat Associates Project - Women's Christian College - Chennai.
Published a Book "Appetising Wheaty Treats", for Propagation of wheat in South India.
Was a Consultant Dietitian at the K.J Hospital, Poonamallee High Road- Chennai for 7 years.
Was a tutor to the hospital administration students, nurses and doctors of the K.J Hospital for 7 years.
Was the President of The Indian Dietetic Association - Chennai Chapter, for a term of 4 years.
Assistant Professor for the Post Graduate Diploma course in Dietetics and Hospital Food Service for 2 academic Years.
Guided 7 students for their Post Graduate Research Work.
Has given Diet tips every morning on Jaya TV for two years.
Had done Corporate counseling at various companies.
Life member of the Indian Dietetic Association
Lie Member of the Nutrition Society of India
Life Member of the Indian Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
Clients where DIGEST has been installed
- Army Sportís Institute, Pune
- CMC Ludhiana
- T.B. Institute Chennai and Madurai - UNICEF Project
- YRG Care Centre for AIDS - Chennai
- Sundaram Medical Foundation - Chennai
- Dietitians abroad and in India
- Manipal Care and Cure at 5 centres across India
- Agada Diabetes Centre - Chennai
- Tuffts University
- Epidemiology Centre at Chennai
- Agada Diabetes Centre, Chennai
- Xcode Life Sciences
Training is being carried on the software for graduate students at Chennai and Mumbai